- Scheme Name:
- Swan Valley Irrigation Scheme - Under Development
- 2,000 ML
- Preferred Option
- Business Case
- Water Sales
- Aug 2014
- Jan 2015
- Mar 2015
- Apr 2017
- Jan 2018
Construction of the scheme was completed on 30 January 2018.
The Swan Valley Irrigation Scheme (SWAN) provides 2,000ML of high surety irrigation water to the greater Swansea region.
Water will be pumped at a rate of up to 180ML/day from the Swan River during winter and stored in the Melrose Dam. During the summer irrigation season water will be released from the Dam and distributed to irrigators in the Cranbrook, Coombend and Swansea districts. The Swan River Pump Station will also boost water to the distribution pipeline during the irrigation season. At full demand the scheme will provide water at a rate of 16.67ML/day to irrigators.
Major work elements of this irrigation infrastructure scheme included construction of:
• 3,000ML Melrose Dam;
• 1.4MW Swan River Pump Station and a 0.7km rising main to the Dam; and
• 37km of distribution pipeline.
First water deliveries are expected to commence at the start of the 2018/19 irrigation season.
For further information on the scheme please contact the Regional Manager (South) – Hugh Christie on 0408 304 349 or email@example.com.
Media / Forms / Contracts
- Swan Valley Irrigation District Download PDF (1,004 KB)
- Andy Corbould (Swan Valley Project Manager)
- Scott Williams (Scheme Operator)
- Tim Lyne (Chair, Irrigator Committee)
- Annie Browning (Deputy Chair, Irrigator Committee)
- Nick Burbury (Irrigator Committee)
- Jack Cotton (Irrigator Committee)
- Adam Greenhill (Irrigator Committee)
- Paddy McShane (Irrigator Committee)