Tasmanian Irrigation Pty Ltd (TI) is the state-owned company responsible for developing and operating irrigation schemes funded through public/private partnerships.
With 18 operational irrigation schemes, 3 mini hydro plants and $185M of funding for the development of new schemes it is exciting times ahead for TI and the Tasmanian Agribusiness sector.
TI is seeking an experienced Environment Coordinator based at our Launceston Office with the opportunity to regularly work across Tasmania in our irrigation schemes.
The role’s key responsibilities include:
- Managing the development of Farm Water Access Plans (Farm WAPs) in future & operational schemes
- Provide auditing assistance in the annual Farm WAP Audit process
- Design and implement water quality, flora, fauna and soil monitoring programs for new irrigation schemes and existing operational schemes
- Manage and update operational environmental management plans for all operational schemes
- Assist in the implementation and management of the water licence data management and compliance program
- Assist the EHS Team in the completion of annual compliance reporting processes
- Manage Tasmanian Irrigation hydrometrics compliance requirements
- Facilitate projects as necessary such as the upgrade of sampling sites, replacement of sampling equipment etc
- Utilise and manipulate Tasmanian Irrigation’s ESRI GIS system
You will need to be tertiary qualified (degree) in Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Agricultural Science or a related discipline and have a track record of environmental and safety performance.
All applications must address the Key Roles and Responsibilities, and the essential skills requirements including the Workplace Health and Safety criteria and outline the applicant’s knowledge and experience of the same.
Please direct enquiries to email@example.com