Tasmanian Irrigation Pty Ltd (TI) is the state-owned company responsible for developing and operating irrigation schemes funded through public/private partnerships.
With 18 operational irrigation schemes, 3 mini hydro plants and $185M of funding for the development of new schemes it is exciting times ahead for TI and the Tasmanian Agribusiness sector.
TI is seeking an experienced Natural Resources Scientist based at our Launceston Office with the opportunity to regularly work across Tasmania in our irrigation schemes.
The role’s key responsibilities include:
- Implement and manage TI’s surface water and aquatic habitat monitoring program
- Overseeing regulatory approval processes for construction and maintenance of irrigation schemes
- Complete reporting to meet State and Federal compliance obligations
- Design water quality and habitat monitoring programs for schemes
- Contribute to the development and oversight of water quality monitoring programs for construction activities
- Ensure reliable, validated and high-quality data for use in TI’s reporting processes
- Provide environmental support services to internal staff as required
- Complete fauna and flora field surveys and impact assessments, including background research, data management, analysis and reporting
- Manage the aquatic health of rivers and TI’s storages; including algal blooms, aquatic weeds and pest fish
- Complete flora and fauna permit applications
- Utilise and manipulate Tasmanian Irrigation’s ESRI GIS system
You will need to be tertiary (degree) qualified in Environmental Science, Ecology or a related discipline, and have a minimum of 5 years of working experience overseeing approval processes and/or monitoring programs.
The successful candidate will understand and implement Workplace Health and Safety responsibilities.
All applications must address the Key Roles and Responsibilities, and the essential skills requirements including the Workplace Health and Safety criteria and outline the applicant’s knowledge and experience.
Any enquiries and application should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org