Launceston (another location can be negotiated)
This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a role where you:
- Provide leadership and shape strategic thinking in a strong safety-first culture.
- Drive a significant shift in safety mindsets, behaviours, and accountability across the organisation.
- Develop and implement best practice safety management strategy and systems.
- Are a key part of a committed and authentic leadership team.
You will be working for a high-profile state-owned company that provides irrigation infrastructure to a range of stakeholders. We pride ourselves on offering an inclusive, innovative, dynamic and progressive workplace. As an economic enabler our work makes a difference to the Tasmanian community. We plan, develop and construct complex irrigation projects, manage a range of assets, and play a critical role in assisting the Tasmanian Government achieve its target of increasing the farmgate value of the State’s agricultural sector.
- Fully utilise your strong expertise, skills and tertiary qualification in Safety Management to help us deliver on our health and safety responsibilities and drive continuous improvement.
- Lead and implement organisation-wide safety culture initiatives that result in measurable improvements in safety performance and behaviour.
- Contribute to a range of significant projects and work programs including participating in workshops, and conducting comprehensive construction phase audits, investigations and lessons learnt reviews to mitigate risks.
- Use your passion for workplace safety to actively promote workplace health and safety, and to coach and mentor senior leaders in safety leadership.
- Proactively guide employees and contractors to ensure their understanding of and compliance with workplace safety requirements as well as support them to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Provide leadership and coaching to our People and Culture & Safety Officer, and foster an open supportive work environment.
- Use your experience in effectively managing workers’ compensation and return-to-work processes to achieve positive outcomes for individuals and the business.
- Ensure the alignment of safety management principles with our strategic objectives.
- Apply your strong communication, influencing, business partnering and stakeholder management skills to achieving positive safety outcomes and fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively in an organisational culture where our values are important to us.
For a copy of the position description, please click here
For a confidential discussion please contact Olivia Rathbone, People & Culture Officer at The BelRose Group by email email@example.com or call 0429 473 098.
Applications close: 16th August 2023