Natural Resources Scientist
Tasmanian Irrigation Pty ltd (TI) is the state-owned company
responsible for developing and operating Irrigation schemes funded
through public/private partnerships.
TI is seeking an experienced Natural Resources Specialist whose role
will be located at our Launceston Office, however the role will require
the incumbent to travel throughout the state regularly.
This role reports to the General Manager Environment, Health and Safety.
The primary objective of this role is to support the implementation
of Tasmanian Irrigation’s environmental requirements by monitoring
and reporting on its environmental compliance obligations for existing
schemes, new schemes and supporting regulatory approval processes.
The key roles and responsibilities are:
• Implement and manage TI’s surface water, groundwater and aquatic
habitat monitoring program.
• Design water quality and habitat monitoring programs for each
scheme when required.
• Contribute to the development and oversight of water quality
monitoring programs for construction activities.
• Ensure reliable, validated and high-quality data for use in TI’s
• Complete reporting to meet State and Federal compliance obligations.
• Provide environmental support services to internal staff as required.
• Complete fauna and flora field surveys and impact assessments as
required, including background research, data management, analysis
• Manage the aquatic health of rivers and TI’s storages; including algal
blooms, aquatic weeds and pest fish.
• Complete permit applications such as permits to take flora and fauna.
• Other responsibilities as directed by the General Manager Environment,
Health and Safety.
You will need to be tertiary (degree) qualified in Environmental
Science, Ecology or a related discipline.
The successful candidate will understand and implement Workplace
Health and Safety responsibilities.
A full position description can be found here
All applications must address the Key Roles and Responsibilities, and
the essential skills requirements including the Workplace Health and
Safety criteria and outline the applicant’s knowledge and experience
of the same.
Please direct any enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are to be sent to: email@example.com by
COB 15 May 2021.