Tasmanian Irrigation Pty ltd (TI) is the state-owned company responsible for developing and operating Irrigation schemes funded through public/private partnerships.
TI is seeking an experienced IT Officer for our Launceston Office based at Launceston Airport to deliver IT services to the TI community within the Launceston Office and in the field across Tasmania.
Key technologies include: Office 365, Azure, On-Premises Windows Servers, Ubiquti Networking, Dell Servers and Laptops, iPads, Various Tablets and Smartphones.
The key areas of required knowledge and experience are:
- Timely support for IT hardware and software including deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Product and software management and monitoring (e.g. patching).
- Register and manage mobile devices including smartphones, iPads, tablets and laptops.
- Register and manage access to technology programs and systems.
- Work with the CFO to recommend appropriate technology and communication products for TI.
- Ensure security of TI data (cybersecurity).
- Manage the telecommunications account and contract.
- Hold outsource providers to account to ensure they are meeting with their contractual obligations.
- Develop and implement IT policy.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of Tasmanian Irrigation’s website.
- Undertake and support technology projects as required including scoping, delivery and testing.
- Provide IT inductions to new staff and ongoing training.
- A good understanding of IT fundamentals.
- Appropriate industry certification: MCP or above.
- Tertiary IT qualification
- Knowledge of Records Management systems and principles
- Knowledge of SCADA systems
The successful candidate will understand and implement Workplace Health and Safety responsibilities.
A full position description can be found: link
All applications must address the Selection Criteria including the Workplace Health and Safety criteria, and outline the applicants knowledge and experience of the same.
All applications are to be sent to: by COB 26th February 2021.